Hello everyone! Tonight, I’d like to share with you another recipe for a delicious and warming soup. This time it’s one with carrot and coriander.
This blend of vegetables and spice is very simple and so satisfying.
The soup itself is easy to make and even a complete beginner can master it.
It will make a perfect lunch or a weeknight dinner, as it takes less than 30mins to cook!
Carrots are the main ingredient here, giving the soup beautiful vibrant color and sweet taste. Make sure you chop them quite finely, as carrots usually take long to cook – the smaller they are, the faster they cook.
I like to use a couple of potatoes to thicken it up. Potatoes cook much quicker than carrots, so they can be cut into dices.
Lastly, I am using chicken stock in this recipe, however it can be changed for vegetable stock too – which makes it vegetarian/vegan, depending on the stock used!
Easy carrot and coriander soup
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1.5l chicken stock
- 1tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 3tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 handful fresh coriander (chopped) or 2tsp dried coriander leaves
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Add sunflower oil into a large stock pot, set on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add chopped onion and toss thoroughly. Turn the heat down to medium and fry for 3-5 mins until soft and glossy (translucent).
- Add ground coriander seeds, toss and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped carrots, stir, turn the heat up to medium-high and cook for another minute.
- Pour over chicken stock, bring to boil. Add diced potatoes and cook for 10 mins.
- Take the pot of the heat and place it on a heat-proof surface. Using a stick blender, carefully blend the soup until smooth and thick. If using a mixer, blend it in at least 2-3 batches.
- Place back on the hob, add chopped coriander leaves and cook for a minute. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Enjoy as it is or with a slice of bread or handful of croutons.
Prep time: 5mins | Cook time: 20mins || Total time: 25mins